Diverticulitis is inflammation of small pouches (diverticula) that can form in the walls of your large intestine. This leads to fever and pain in your belly, usually the lower left part.
Below are some questions you may want to ask your doctor or nurse about diverticulitis.
What to ask your doctor about diverticulitis
What causes diverticulitis?
What are the symptoms of diverticulitis?
What type of diet should I be eating?
- How do I get more fiber in my diet?
- Are there foods that I should not be eating?
- Is it okay to drink coffee or tea, or alcohol?
What should I do if my symptoms become worse?
- Do I need to change what I eat?
- Are there medicines that I should take?
- When should I call the doctor?
What are the complications of diverticulitis?
Will I ever need surgery?