Health Tip: Take Care of Your Feet
Essentials for a foot-friendly summer
(HealthDay News) -- Summer is here, and walking along the beach, around the pool or in your backyard barefoot can lead to foot injuries.
The American Podiatric Medical Association suggests having these essentials on hand:
- A pair of flip flops for a hotel or pool so you don't have to walk barefoot.
- Antibiotic ointment and sterile gauze or bandages.
- A cream enriched with emollients for dry feet.
- Moleskin or blister pads to protect feet from blisters.
- Advil, Motrin or another anti-inflammatory drug to help ease pain and swelling.
- Toenail clippers, a pumice stone and an emery board.
- Aloe vera and sunscreen for sunburn protection.
Please note, not all procedures included in this resource library are available at Henry Ford Allegiance Health or performed by Henry Ford Allegiance Health physicians.
All EBSCO Publishing proprietary, consumer health and medical information found on this site is accredited by URAC. URAC's Health Web Site Accreditation Program requires compliance with 53 rigorous standards of quality and accountability, verified by independent audits. To send comments or feedback to our Editorial Team regarding the content please email us at HLEditorialTeam@ebscohost.com.
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.