Health Tip: Embrace Your Body
Don't expect perfection
(HealthDay News) -- With all of the pressure that society and the media put on people to improve their bodies, experts say you should embrace what you have and not expect perfection.
The University of Illinois McKinley Health Center offers these suggestions:
- Don't be defined by your body, or let your physical self keep you from doing the things you want.
- Being thin does not guarantee happiness.
- Appreciate the different shapes and sizes of all bodies.
- Accept that your body will change over time.
- The way other people see you could well differ from the way you see yourself.
- Focus on your strengths and what you offer to others.
All EBSCO Publishing proprietary, consumer health and medical information found on this site is accredited by URAC. URAC's Health Web Site Accreditation Program requires compliance with 53 rigorous standards of quality and accountability, verified by independent audits. To send comments or feedback to our Editorial Team regarding the content please email us at HLEditorialTeam@ebscohost.com.
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.