The DAISY Award is an international program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurses every day. Henry Ford Allegiance Health is proud to be a DAISY Award partner, recognizing our nurses with this special honor every month.
Each DAISY Award honoree will be recognized at a public ceremony in her/his unit. To nominate a nurse, please complete this form.
June DAISY Award Winners
Words of a patient of Tina:
Tina was very pleasant, encouraging, and skilled. She was also informative. I especially appreciated that she succeeded in placing the IV needle on the first try after applying a warm towel to my arm. Normally this is difficult which adds to my anxiety. Thankfully I didn’t have to struggle with it this time. I loved this nurse!
Co-workers words on Lori:
We can't mention how many times patients have talked to me and complimented Lori on the care she provides on the Joint Replacement floor. She is an excellent caring nurse and an asset to our team. I am proud to have her with us!
- May: Carla Hastings, RN and Kathleen Fedewa, RN
- April: Ron Dunfield, RN and Sonja Varney Herr, RN
- March: TBA
- February: TBA
- January: Lisa Coan, RN and Tricia Vinson, RN
- December: Mary Beth Bair, RN and Katie Ryan, RN
- November: Natashia Neill, RN and Brandi Cox, RN
- October: Taylor Soltis and Jessi Wasnich, RN
- September: Jesse Meston, RN and Katie Wright, RN
- August: Dan Alexander, RN and Dan Harton, RN
- July: Mary Rentschler, RN and Adam Saenz, RN
- June: Brandie Camp, RN and Venus Hagar, RN
About the DAISY Foundation
The DAISY Foundation was established in 1999 by the family of J. Patrick Barnes. Patrick died at the age of 33 from complications of an auto-immune disease. During his eight-week hospital stay, Patrick’s family was impressed by the care and compassion his nurses provided, not only to him, but to everyone in the family. They created the DAISY Award in Patrick’s memory to recognize those nurses who make a big difference in the lives of so many people.
To learn more about the program, please visit DAISYfoundation.org.