The DAISY Award is an international program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurses every day. Henry Ford Allegiance Health is proud to be a DAISY Award partner, recognizing our nurses with this special honor every month.
Each DAISY Award honoree will be recognized at a public ceremony in her/his unit. To nominate a nurse, please complete this form.
January DAISY Award Winners
Words of a patient of Lisa:
"I had been in the hospital for several days when the physicians told me they needed to do some tests to determine what was causing my symptoms. When I heard this, it caused me to fall apart because of the diagnosis my dad had received years ago with negative consequences.
Lisa was very understanding. This was very stressful for me and Lisa stayed with me until I calmed down and I felt better. Before she left, she asked if she could give me a hug. I needed that hug. She is an angel!"
Tricia not only goes out of her way to help staff members, but also her patients. When doing a post-op phone call one afternoon, Tricia spoke to a tearful elderly woman who was unable to get to the pharmacy to fill her prescription.
Tricia took time out of her evening to pick up the prescription and take it to the pharmacy so that the patient did not have to go all weekend without her prescription and possibly saved the patient a trip to the Emergency room with uncontrolled pain.
- December: Mary Beth Bair, RN and Katie Ryan, RN
- November: Natashia Neill, RN and Brandi Cox, RN
- October: Taylor Soltis and Jessi Wasnich, RN
- September: Jesse Meston, RN and Katie Wright, RN
- August: Dan Alexander, RN and Dan Harton, RN
- July: Mary Rentschler, RN and Adam Saenz, RN
- June: Brandie Camp, RN and Venus Hagar, RN
- May: Charlotte Weyant and Angelic Pierpoint, RN
- April: Bill Zegarlowicz, RN
- March: Alisha Miller, RN and Jennifer Mossolle, RN
- February: Colleen Boyer, RN and Melissa Howland, RN
- January: Carissa Heisler, RN and Mary Grace, RN
About the DAISY Foundation
The DAISY Foundation was established in 1999 by the family of J. Patrick Barnes. Patrick died at the age of 33 from complications of an auto-immune disease. During his eight-week hospital stay, Patrick’s family was impressed by the care and compassion his nurses provided, not only to him, but to everyone in the family. They created the DAISY Award in Patrick’s memory to recognize those nurses who make a big difference in the lives of so many people.
To learn more about the program, please visit DAISYfoundation.org.