Allegiance Health and Henry Ford Health System Partnership Reaches One-Year Mark
One year ago today, Allegiance Health and Henry Ford Health System announced a new partnership aimed at capitalizing on each other’s strengths, expanding each system in scope and scale, and offering more care options for community residents. Since then, the collaborative partnership has enhanced Henry Ford Allegiance Health’s ongoing efforts to provide more specialty care options and has spurred new construction, programs and increased access to high-demand services as part of the $300 million financial commitment to the Jackson community and surrounding areas.
One of the more significant first-year highlights stemming from the new partnership took place in December, when construction began on a new three-story, 59,000 square-feet patient tower with 66 private rooms Other first-year accomplishments include:
- Adding more than 44 new physicians and Advanced Practice Providers to increase access to primary care, specialty care and new services, which include dermatology, cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery, and obstetrics/gynecology.
- Breaking ground on the two-story Center for Health Innovation & Education—a regional training center for health care professionals that will include leading-edge technology, such as a simulation lab designed to look and feel like real inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Introducing the Model G gown, which wraps around the patient and snaps in front to provide maximum comfort and privacy.
“We enjoy working together to identify ways our two organizations can maximize the benefits of our affiliation,” said Henry Ford Allegiance Health President and CEO Georgia Fojtasek. “We have accomplished a great deal in this first year and look forward to the progress we will make moving forward. HFHS is the right partner for both Allegiance and our community.”
Looking ahead, more partnership-supported initiatives are underway:
- The implementation of Epic—a new electronic health record that will allow a seamless care experience by providing one patient record, available at all times and all places to patients and their caregivers. The system’s MyChart patient portal provides a simple, secure and convenient way for patients to manage their health care online as well as connect with their physicians.
- The Jackson Health Network is collaborating with Henry Ford Physician Network (comprised of more than 1,800 physicians throughout southeast Michigan) on ways to improve patient care system-wide.
- Clinicians and administrators are working to identify opportunities to bring new services to the Jackson area, including those related to oncology, rheumatology, urology, cardiovascular health and the neurosciences, including neurosurgery.
With uncertainty looming in Washington D.C. over the future of the Affordable Health Care Act, there is recognition on the part of Henry Ford Health System and Henry Ford Allegiance Health that they must remain nimble to successfully navigate the next few years, while advancing care and services offered within the Jackson community and surrounding areas.
Robert Riney, President, Healthcare Operations, and Chief Operating Officer, Henry Ford Health System, said, “When Henry Ford Health System and Henry Ford Allegiance Health officially began working together, we recognized a high degree of organizational alignment, centered on our common values—a deep commitment to community, a shared culture of wanting to do the right thing for our patients and the importance of our team. The future of health care in our country is continually evolving, yet we are poised to continue delivering the very best in compassionate and skilled care for those who place their trust in our health system.”
About Henry Ford Allegiance Health
Henry Ford Allegiance Health (HFAH) is a 475-bed health system in Jackson, Michigan. Henry Ford Allegiance complements traditional acute care services with mission-based services to support the care continuum for all members of the community. Through its Health Improvement Organization (HIO), HFAH is also a national leader in forming community partnerships that innovatively address wellness and prevention needs in the community.
About Henry Ford Health System
Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a six hospital system headquartered in Detroit, Michigan. HFHS is one of the nation’s leading comprehensive, integrated health systems, recognized for clinical excellence and innovation. It provides health insurance and health care delivery, including acute, specialty, primary and preventive care services backed by excellence in research and education. HFHS is a 2011 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient. Visit henryford.com to learn more.